-- Click here for my "Passover Preparations Guide to the Perplexed"
-- And here for the 2012 Sale of Hametz form
-- And here for Rabbi Barry Dov Lerner's Seder supplementm chock full of those silly songs and explanations everyone loves.
Here are some other downloadable thematic Seder supplements
From the Religious Action Center of the Reform Movement:
Invisible: The Story of Modern Slavery, A Social Justice HaggadahWhat you make of liberation - that is the trick. Can you, unshackled, set someone else free? Religious Action Center.
A Common Road to Freedom Haggadah
Black-Jewish Haggadah, rich in songs, ancient & contemporary writing and reflections by Jewish & African American leaders. Religious Action Center.
LGBTQ HaggadahMixing traditiona dn progressive elements to create a uniquely Queer experience for all. Human Rights Council & the Gay & Lesbian Outreach & Engagement of DC.
Hunger Seder HaggadahLet All Who are Hungry Come and Eat: A Seder Dedicated to Hunger Awareness and Activism. Jewish Council for Public Affairs.
Earth Seder HaggadahFreedom Seder for the Earth: Facing the Plagues & Pharaohs of our Generation. The Shalom Center.
Passover of Peace HaggadahA Seder for the Children of Abraham, Hagar & Sarah: An Organizing Tool for Israeli-Palestinian Peace-Making. The Shalom Center.
In Search of Freedom HaggadahA Passover Seder for Darfur. Save Darfur Coalition, Jewish Council for Public Affairs, American Jewish World Service & Tents of Hope.
brilliant retelling of the Exodus by dancing sillouhettes!
A wonderful quick matzah baking film
Here’s an upbeat and ajzzy explanation of the seder plate
- Download The Wandering Is Over Haggadah
- Read the Leader's Guide / Download the Leader's Guide
- Download the Jewish Women's Archive edition of The Wandering Is Over Haggadah: Including Women's Voices
- Kid-Friendly Seder Ideas
- The Orange on the Seder Plate
- Gateways' Seven Strategy Seder Success
- Seder Night Fever
- Praying for Peace in Jerusalem
- Remembering the Holocaust
- In Every Generation
- Zayda's Passover (A Holocaust Survivor's Story)
- Refuseniks Reflection
- Passover Fun Facts
- More supplements added all the time - see the full list
Also see some ideas for adding drama , funny songs to sing at your Seder, and Hillel's plethora of supplements for everything from modern slavery, to feminism to the righteous gentiles.
See Hazon's Healthy Sustainable Passover Resources
From the American Jewish World Service:
- The Power of our Freedom: A Reading Before Drinking the First Cup of Wine
- As we celebrate our redemption from slavery and revel in our freedom, we also remember the great responsibility that freedom creates: to harness the power of our privilege on behalf of the oppressed and marginalized. We pray for and work toward the moment when all human beings will celebrate their liberation in comfort and plenty. We encourage you to incorporate this reading into your Seder as you drink the first glass of wine.
- Dayenu: Supporting the Long Journey from Disaster to Recovery
- A reading to remind us that we must stand in solidarity with people striving for liberation. Designed to be incorporated during the Dayenu section of the Seder.
- Let All Who are Hungry, Come and Eat: A Reading for The Passover Seder
- Calling for a time when all who are hungry will eat as free people. Designed to be incorporated during the Ha lachma anya section of the Seder.
- The Four Children: A Passover Reading
- At Passover, we are confronted with the stories of our ancestors’ pursuit of liberation from oppression. Facing this mirror of history, how do we answer their challenge? How do we answer our children when they ask us how to pursue justice in our time? We encourage you to incorporate this reading into the Four Children section of your Seder.
- Why is This Year Different from All Other Years?: A reading for the Four Questions
- Designed to be incorporated during the Four Questions section of the Seder, this reading encourages us to infuse the rituals of the Seder with action for a just world.
- In Search of Freedom: A Passover Seder for Darfur
by Rabbi Or N. Rose & Tamar Grimm
- Adapting the traditional Seder to serve as a ritual framework for protesting the genocide in Darfur
Post a Comment