- Modern prayers for a pandemic (Forward)
- Hartman Institute Classes and Lectures
- How Are Pastors Handling Ungathered Worship? (Christianity Today) Six church leaders share about their adaptations, innovations, and frustrations as they respond to COVID-19.
- What You Can Do About Coronavirus Right Now (NYT - excellent summation)
- Major Jewish groups create 'emergency pandemic coalition' (Forward)
- A Day in America Without Child Care (Slate asked parents all around the country to record how one weekday unfolded for them, hour by hour).
- The Moral Meaning of the Plague (David Brooks, NYT)
- The Plague Is a Formative Event. When It Fades, New Possibilities Will Emerge (Ha'aretz) I share with you another excerpt from this essay by famed author David Grossman, who predicts that when the pandemic ends, it will have changed everything.
- Conservative/Masorti Movement Statement on Gatherings and Communal Expectations of Leadership
- Kashrut Subcommittee Recommendations for Passover 5780 in Light of COVID-19
- Streaming Seder: CJLS guidelines for streaming of sedarim
- No extended family allowed at Passover seders, Israeli Health Ministry rules
- Passover Seder 101 Web Series (NJOP)
- NJOP Passover "Cheat Sheet"
- CJLS Guidance for Remote Minyanim in a Time of COVID-19
- CJLS COVID-19 Q&A (topics: Lifecycle Events [including Taharah, B'nai Mitzvah], Passover, Sefirat Ha'Omer Practices)
We are frightened, God,
Worried for our loved ones,
Worried for our world.
Helpless and confused,
We turn to You
Seeking comfort, faith and hope.
Teach us God, to turn our panic into patience,
And our fear into acts of kindness and support.
Our strong must watch out for our weak,
Our young must take care of our old.
Help each one of us to do our part to halt the spread of this virus
Send strength and courage to the doctors and nurses
In the frontlines of this battle,
Fortify them with the full force of their healing powers.
Send wisdom and insight to the scientists
Working day and night across the world to discover healing treatments.
Bless their efforts, God.
Fill our leaders with the wisdom and the courage
To choose wisely and act quickly.
Help us, God, to see that we are one world,
Who will rise above this pandemic together.
Send us health God,
Watch over us,
Grace us with Your love,
Bless us with Your healing light.
Hear us God,
Heal us God,
Our God, the souls and breaths that you have placed within is are pure
You created them, You fashioned them, You breathed them into us and You preserve them within us,
And for each and every breath we must praise You,
As is written, "Every ( ) shall praise God,"
"Every ( ) shall praise God.
Lord of souls and breaths,
We seek out Your face, and Your spirit to hover over the deep that has opened up
To breathe into us once again the breath of life
For we are in great travail - all who bear the breath of life
And we do not know what to do.
אדון הנשמות והנשימות,
מבקשים אנו את פניך ואת רוּחַך לרחף על פני התהום שנפתח
להפיח בנו עוד נשמת חיים
כי בצרה גדולה אנחנו כֹּל אֲשֶׁר נִשְׁמַת רוּחַ חַיִּים בְּאַפָּיו ובאפיה
ואנחנו לא נדע מה נעשה
Instill within all medical teams and world leaders a spirit of wisdom
To understand, to discern to learn, to teach and to do
A spirit of counsel and might to renew their strength.
And instill within all of us a spirit of knowledge to protect ourselves
And the fear of God to care for our fellow - the weary, the exhausted and infirm
And to honor our elders.
Bless us with a spirit of forbearance for we have not enough strength against this great multitude that comes against us.
And fulfill through us that which is written:
"Thus said God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, Who spread forth the other and that which comes out of it, Who gives breath to the people upon it and spirit to those who walk therein. I, the Lord have called you in righteousness and have taken hold of your hand and protected you..."